The technical activities of CIDECT have centred on the following research aspects of hollow steel section design:
● Buckling behaviour of empty and concrete filled columns.
● Effective buckling lengths of members in trusses.
● Fire resistance of concrete-filled columns.
● Static strength of welded and bolted joints.
● Fatigue resistance of joints.
● Aerodynamic properties.
● Bending Strength.
● Corrosion resistance.
● Workshop fabrication.
The results of CIDECT research form the basis of many national and international design requirements for hollow steel sections.